Friday 9 January 2009

S P A C I A L

http://infrasonics.net/

If you enjoy your 2-step in a ghostly kind of skeletal style not unlike the still pretty damn anonymous Burial then Spatial is going to be right up your street. Now, now don’t be going ape-shit over the Burial comparison this is just some more futuristic garage in a slightly atmospheric vibe for you to enjoy.

He dropped a 10” recently that Boomkat fell over it’s self to feature as it’s single of the week, which all at once makes me a bit weary and a bit proud. Weary because Boomkat have a habit of hyping a lot of things that just sound like basic channel and / or Burial when the mood takes them, but proud in that I had seen Spatial’s name before on dubstepforum and really dug his dubs well before I saw the wax was pressed.

Spatial kind of came out of know here with me, I just heard the dubs and though to myself now that would be nice to see on wax. Then low and behold here they come on Infrasound, which I’m pretty sure is his own venture. A nice bit of marketing maybe? Who cares you have to check out these tracks…

The 10” has the same sort of sound as the two free tracks he is giving away on his website. One is really minimal like a skeleton knocking out a 2-step beat, no I don’t mean like Skull Disco I mean like someone did a job on Horsepower and left them for glue. Then the other is like a mixture of said garage and pure soulful Detroit techno all mixed up, you know for kicks. People like Pangaea, Untold and Ramadanman do something similar at times, but Spacial has his own slant on it.

Your mind will not be blown by these tunes; they are far too subtle for that. They will just kind of fit into your listening habits with ease whether you are a DJ or a casual listener. I for one am looking forward to fitting them into a mix; they just sound like house and 2-step history combining in one 10” future garage platter.

Pick up 70707 & 80723 free of charge from here…

http://infrasonics.net/dubs/infra001

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails