Thursday 24 April 2008

Johnny Foreigner - Arcs Across The City

I'm a bit late on this EP but I thought I would track it down as I'm excited about seeing them with The Mae-Shi in the near future. Arcs Across The City is a wonderful energy burst of powerful guitar songs. It has a heavey ish sound not unlike parts of Los Campesinos! but not quite as twee-core. There are again boy and girl interchangeable vocals, which I find fun and endering. Each song doesn't sway to far away from one particular sound of high energy indie rock goodness, and why should it on an EP, just to make sure there is a hidden track at the end which has a mellow side. My favourite song is Suicide Pact, Yeh? followed by Yes! You Talk Too Fast which is handy as its the next song. Sofacore has to get a ention as the name makes me giggle. This EP is something pretty nice and special each song delivers everything you could want fo a young band yet to release a debute album. I look forward greatly to seeing Johnny Foreigner live with The Mae-Shi, two of the most exciting bands around at the moment.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails