Sunday 27 April 2008

Laura Marling – Alas I Cannot Swim

Laura Marling is so very talented this whole album is a joy to listen to. Each song is beautiful and catchy, with a sad undertone and folk instrumentation. Her voice is wonderful and her lyrics beautiful. After hearing this album I have developed a mini crush on her. Alas I Cannot Swim is a laidback affair worth a listen, especially on a Sunday I find. This could be one of my favourite albums of the year so far, its been with me a while and I keep going back to it. The stand out tracks are Ghosts, My Manic And I and Night Terrors. The latter being my true choice pick, for its amazing brooding atmosphere. For a debut this is wonderful stuff, Keep up the good work Laura. And indeed she has done just that on the excellent recent single from Mystery Jets, Young Love… Fade to bird song…

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails